Friday, May 6, 2011

The Simple Winning Essay


Because I am an AVID Biggest Loser Fan, I keep tabs on everything that is going on with the show.  I noticed that there was a contest going on the beginning of this year put on by Wholly Guacamole, a brand I have known and loved!

This contest was an essay contest called "Battle Buddy" basically the person that helps you in the battle of the bulge.  I thought right away about Joni Elegante.  We have been friend only for a year but in that year we talk several times a day, check in on exercise schedules, food good and bad days and just keep each other motivated.  Both of us on our own had lost 80lbs and were both having a hard time maintaining that weight loss, she was a real help to me to get back on track.

So at 2am I hopped on the contest site and typed a short essay (had to be 250 words or less) and sent it through.  Out of site, out of mind.

You all know the rest, I WON THE GRAND PRIZE!!! I tell you, it wasn't the words I wrote, I didn't write eloquently, I just wrote my heart in a quick essay.. but THEY LOVED IT!!  YAY!!

See for yourself, by small means, are great things brought to pass!


Winner #1One of My bestie's Joni and I have BOTH fought the battle of the bulge for our whole life. We were both on our own journeys and we followed each other's blogs and facebook, although we didn't really know each other. Then one day she got brave and said that she really thinks we need to be friends. And it was INSTANT! We have been personally motivating each other ever since. We live a state a apart and we talk at least 3 times a day keeping each other accountable. We drive or fly back and forth and plan activities such as hiking, gym, etc to do while we visit each other. We chat during every episode of Biggest Loser sharing our own tears to their success. We have both lost individually 80 lbs and continue to inspire each other!We push each other harder than any friend I have ever had. She truly is my Battle Buddy even through distance! Please reunite us and give us an opportunity to battle it out for a week at the Malibu ranch!
Never be afraid to dream!  Even as simply put as that essay was, I won!  I got to do something that in a million years I didn't think could happen to me!!  DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

2 comments:

  1. And I got to do that dream with you! I can't even put into words what this trip meant to me! Motivation its our middle name!

    ReplyDelete